The Late-Breaking Work category is an opportunity to present new and exciting contributions that outline tentative findings, early research ideas and technical work, novel conversations toward future work as well as theoretical or methodological discussions that are currently developing in ongoing work.
We welcome a broad range of submissions around a diversity of topics and contribution types:
- An original technology, technique or design in the early stages and/or with or without an evaluation.
- Selected results from ongoing studies with various levels of analysis.
- Early stages of research with reflections, important implications and/or (methodological) considerations.
- Novel discussions and/or analysis of existing or ongoing work that adds a new perspective.
- Open work that invites feedback or community engagement around next steps, implications to research, applicability and/or novel approaches to analysis and collaborations.
Submission Instructions and Schedule
- Submissions should be fully anonymised.
- Submissions can be up to six pages long (excluding references) in the ACM standard single-column format – see submission guidelines
- Submissions should be as close to publication-ready as possible, since authors will have a limited time to make changes post acceptance. Papers that require major revisions may not be accepted.
- Submission deadline: June 1st, 2024 (24 H CET)
- Author notification: July 1st, 2024
- Camera-ready deadline: August 15th 2024 (24H CET)
LBW submissions undergo double-blind peer-review by a selected committee and will be discussed by the committee to constitute the program. Given the shorter timeline the submissions will only receive short feedback. The criteria for evaluations are as follows:
- Contribution to NordiCHI 2024: Will this research stimulate interesting conversations and feedback among NordiCHI attendees? Is there a compelling reason for this work to be LBW and not a full research contribution this year or later?
- Significance: How important is the problem, question or topic the LBW examines? Is there an audience at NordiCHI 2024 that would find this relevant and/or engaging?
- Originality: How does this work relate to previous work and discussions within the area? Does it offer a novel contribution or compelling alternative perspective?
- Validity: How well are the chosen methods described and justified in the submission?
- Written presentation: How clear, understandable, and targeted is the writing?
Each submission will undergo review and the final decisions will be made through assessment and discussions in the LBW subcommittee.
The accepted LBW will be published in the NordiCHI adjunct proceedings.
Accepted LBW will be presented as posters during the NordiCHI 2024 conference. Details regarding presentation and print will be provided with the acceptance notification. Presenters must register for the NordiCHI 2024 conference.
Mike Hazas and Linnea Öhlund
For practical questions please contact Academic Conferences.
Phone: +46 18 671003
April 19, 2024
Submission deadline for Full paper abstract and Workshop and Tutorial proposals submission
April 26, 2024
Submission deadline for Full papers, Case studies, Critiques, Panel
May 17, 2024
Author notification for Workshops and Tutorials
June 1, 2024
Deadline for Demos, Doctoral Consortium and Late-Breaking Work submissions
July 1, 2024
Author notification for Full papers, Case studies, Critiques, Demos, Doctoral Consortium, Panels and Late-breaking work
August 15, 2024
Camera-ready deadline for all accepted work
August 20, 2024
Deadline for early bird registration